Fish fry

These are my experiences for trying to find the best fish fry in Green Bay and surrounding areas.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mackinaw's Grill & Spirits
2925 Voyager Dr
Green Bay, WI

I had driven past Mackinaw's several times and on each occasion the parking lot was full -- a good sign I thought to myself.
When I walked into Mackinaw's a few weeks later I immediately liked Log cabin-like atmosphere. Service was quick and I decided to go for the Walleye Plate. About 45 minutes later -- it was not that busy that night -- I received my fish platter. The dinner cost $14.99 and all that I got was walleye and fries -- not a great deal. The fish was good size but a little bland tasting. The fries were quite good, however.
As I was leaving Mackinaw's I noticed on the wall that they had won some awards for having the best fish fry in town --- well - -I really can't believe that this is one of Green Bay's best-- and maybe I'll be back someday and they can prove me wrong. For now I will give Mackinaw's 5 stars for atmosphere but only 2 stars for the Walleye Plate.

1 comment: